Innovative application that allows the reception of RSS feeds at low cost. The operation is as simple as effective.
1. The application connects to the developer's server and asks for the required feed;
2. The server obtains the feed at the site that produces it;
3. The server performs the compression of required feed;
4. The feed is sent in response to cellular;
5. The phone decompresses the feed and show it to the user.
Being composed almost entirely of text, RSS feeds allow optimum level of compression.
In addition, the server uses algorithms optimization preparing the feeds by removing redundant information such as html tags, images, etc.., leaving unchanged since the text
In this way, data traffic has a very small and a significant savings for the receipt of RSS.
· MIDP 2.0, CLDC 1.1