RSS Reader is a J2ME MIDP application that is able to read most RSS feed versions. RSS is a lightweight XML format designed for sharing headlines and other content like blogs and news.
Here are some key features of "Mobile RSS Reader":
· Add RSS feed bookmarks
· Parse RSS feeds
· Browse RSS feed headers
· Read topics
· Import and synchronize RSS feed lists using OPML format
· Update all feeds with single command
· Open item in device browser
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Use latest antenna 1.2.1 beta.
· Use latest proguard 4.5 beta3.
· Prevent override message from causing hang on import feeds.
· Use NULL pattern.
· Use observer pattern for feed parsing to prevent hangs from spotty networks and bad URLs.
· Use observer pattern for OPML/list parsing to prevent hangs from spotty networks and bad URLs.
· Don't use observer pattern for MIDP 1.0 as it increases size.
· Get feed titles for blank names in OPML in FeedListParser.
· Have next item command on item display.
· Use antenna to create manifest and jad.
· Remove unused methods.
· Fixed loop.
· Fix testing code of explicit.
· Use googlecode_upload.pl to upload to Google Project Hosting.
· Create smartphone version with just MIDP 2.0
· Create archive files.
· Don't create empty version directory.
· Use zip for src as the file paths are too long for non-GPL tar.
· Use - in cod files before version instead of .
· Make test distribution target with only MIDP 2.0 and MIDP 2.0 with JSR-75.
· Remove unneeded directories.
· Fix properties for MIDP 2.0 podcast/itunes.
· Create itunes test target.