Asian Art - History, Painting, Sculpture, Architecture, Calligraphy and more (Blackberry) 9.1
Asian Art - History, Painting, Sculpture, Architecture, Calligraphy and more. The illustrated book gives historical and cultural background of Asian Art, introduces major styles, media, statues, buildings and artists.
Table of Contents:
1. Introduction: Asian Art | Eastern Art History | Silk Road | East Asian Calligraphy | Asian Art Museums in the United States | Buddhism | Bodhisattva | Buddhist Symbolism | Guan Yin
2. Buddhist Art: Overview | Ashtamangala | Buddharupa | Physical characteristics of the Buddha | Buddha Statues | Architecture | Music | Sand Mandala | Temples: List | Temples | Pagodas | Stupas | Wats
3. Chinese Art: Overview | Timeline | History | Ming Dynasty | Song Dynasty | Tang Dynasty | Painting | Literati Painting | Ink and Wash Painting | Shan Shui | Painters | Architecture | Folk Art | Comics | Ceramics | Literature | Poetry | Music | Cinema | Animation | Jade | Oracle bone script | Variety Art | Gardening
4. Japanese Art: Overview | Timeline | History | Painting | Painting Schools | Ukiyo-e | Painters | Pottery | Woodblock Printing | Architecture | Calligraphy | Sculpture | Theatre | Cinema | Fashion | Japanese Garden | Ikebana | Origami | Anime
5. Indian Art: Overview | Painting | Sculpture | Pottery | Architecture | Literature | Poetry | Theatre | Music | Cinema | Bollywood | Dance | Hinduism
6. Korean Art: Overview | History | Painting | Sculpture | Pottery & Porcelain | Buddhist Sculpture | Architecture | Stone Art | Literature | Theatre | Cinema | Dance | Fan Dance | Garden | Bangasayusang | Flower Arrangement
7. Laotian art: Buddhist Sculpture | Ceramics | Dance & Theatre
8. Thai Art: Overview | Architecture | Dance
9. Tibetan Art: Overview | Dzong Architecture | Music | Thangka | Sand Mandala | Rug
10. Vietnamese Art: Overview | History | Dong Ho Painting | Music | Cinema | Theatre | Dance | Literature
- Fully illustrated.
- Difficult concepts are explained in simple terms.
- Navigate from Table of Contents or search for words or phrases.
- Add Bookmarks
- Text annotation and mark-up
- Access the guide anytime, anywhere - at home, on the train, in the subway.
- Use your down time to prepare for an exam.
- Always have the guide available for a quick reference.
- Automatic synchronization between the handheld and the desktop PC. You could read half of the book on the handheld, then finish reading on the desktop. Annotations and drawings are also synchronized.
Asian Art - History, Painting, Sculpture, Architecture, Calligraphy and more (Blackberry)
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!