The iTunes U app gives you access to complete courses from leading universities and other schools — plus the world’s largest digital catalog of free education content — right on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. Whether you are majoring in molecular biology at a university, taking Spanish in high school, or just interested in European history, you now have a valuable tool to help you learn anytime, anywhere.
Here are some key features of "iTunes U":
Free courses in a wide array of subjects:
· Take free courses created and taught by instructors from leading universities and other schools
· See all assignments and updates from the instructor in one place, and check off assignments as you complete them
· Take notes and highlight text in iBooks and see them consolidated for easy reviewing in the iTunes U app
· Access course materials, including audio, video, books, documents & presentations, apps, and new iBooks textbooks for iPad
The world’s largest catalog of free education content:
· Choose from more than 500,000 free lectures, videos, books, and other resources on thousands of subjects from Algebra to Zoology
· Browse collections from education and cultural institutions in 26 countries — including Stanford, Yale, MIT, Oxford, UC Berkeley, MoMA, the New York Public Library, and the Library of Congress
· iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 5.0 or later
· An Apple ID with an iTunes Store account
· iTunes 10.5.2 or later is required to sync with a computer
· The selection of courses, collections, and availability of content linked from within a course may vary by country
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Adds support for iOS 6.
· A new single day view to see all of your posts and assignments due on a particular day.
· Addresses an issue which prevented Closed Captioning from appearing when available.