Control VLC/iTunes/Windows Media Player/Windows Media Player Classic from your mobile device. As soon as you hit play on your mobile, the PC will hit play on Windows Media Player and starts playing music through the PC's speakers.
This is an Client-Server application which means that the dRemote server must be running on the PC you would like to control. Then the client will connect to the PC via the internet, this way you don't need to worry about having to walk to the PC to switch songs or pause.
Installation instructions are available here.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Server can communicate with VLC as well now.
· Major connection improvements.
· It's now a single .exe file
· Major update to the Lay-out (Buttons, songs are on same page as the buttons, font size is changed for finger-friendliness)
· Added connection indicator/controller (disconnect and connect).
· Added the ability to make profiles.
· Added keep-a-live (the client and server now try to keep the connection alive by a 10 second interval ping, when no connection is possible to puts the interval to 20 second to make sure you have enough time to disable the ping timer by clicking Disconnect (app basically hangs for a short period of time when trying to connect.).