Navigate around your live set with the touch of a finger, tweak Lives mixer, instruments and fx with full automapping and unlimited tracks & parameters.
touchAble allows live users to walk away from their computer and perform live from anywhere within Wi-Fi range while keeping latency at a minimum.
Play your favorite synths with the unique double keyboard or record your rhythms with the 16 drum pads, including 5 velocity steps & octave selectors.
Access the most important transport and clip functions without losing focus on your set and tweak the same set with two iPads with the unique Dual-User-Mode.
do you need to adjust volume, launch a new clip and play a device? Don't worry - a smart and intuitive screen menu empowers the user to arrange and switch modules on the fly.
touchAble does not require any midi-mappings as it uses LiveOSC to communicate directly with the LiveAPI.
Installation could not be any simpler:
- Download touchAbleServer and install it on your Mac or PC
- Enter your Hosts Ip-Address on your iPad
- Press connect.
- Within a few seconds your set will be ready.
Here are some key features of "touchAble":
· Scrollable representation of your Session View in Live
· Clips, tracks & scenes with full color, name and status feedback
· Scalable Clipgrid from 4x2 to 15x8
· Access to arm, solo, mute & stop functions
· Access to Volumes, returns A-D, panning, monitors, resets, master & return volumes of up to 16 tracks at once
· Scared of clipping? Output-meters provide feedback of each tracks/masters/returns output-levels
· Choose between relative / absolute faders
· Access your vsts, audiounits and native live plugins or toggle them on & off from a scrollable overview
· Navigate and control unlimited parameters with bank switches
· Native Templates
· Never lose a parameter in the heat of a set: parameter name & value feedback directly inside the faders.
· Control 2 devices at the same time
· 128 note velocity sensitive Keyboard
· Perform with 2 keyboards in full screen mode
· 8/16 velocity sensitive Drum Pads with Access to all 128 Sample slots within Live
· Change parameters of clips : pitch, detune, loop, length, position
· Easy access to transport functions: play/stop, record, tempo, midi overdub, cue level, metronome, nudge up/down, midi record and launch quantization
· iPad running iOS 4.3 or later
· Ableton Live 8 with latest update running on a computer on the same WiFi network
· Windows XP, Vista, 7 with MIDI-YOKE or similar MIDI-utility installed
· Mac OS X 10.5 or newer
· touchAbleServer software
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· misleading 'Yarrrr' message should no longer appear after updating