Send & Receive SMS Text Messages From The Computer... via Your Android Phone!
1) Install this free app and run it.
2) Go to browsertexting.com on your computer, pair your mobile phone with your browser, and start texting away!
We all know, that typing text messages on a touchscreen smartphone is difficult and with errors. With BrowserTexting you use your computer keyboard.
BrowserTexting allows you to use your computer to read and send SMS text messages - and uses your Android's mobile number, contacts and SMS functionality.
While your phone is in the drawer, you can easily receive and send SMS text messages from your browser. Everything happens facebook-style with popup and sound notifications.
Works with PC, Mac and Linux. Works with all browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, Opera, Firefox and others).
Messages send from browsertexting.com or the chrome extension will appear in your mobile outbox as if they were sent from the phone itself. Any messages received on your mobile will appear in the browser or chrome extension (and still be on the mobile).
You can still send/receive texts on your phone as you normally would.
Here are some key features of "BrowserTexting":
· No signup
· Receive SMS text messages directly in the browser
· Send SMS text messages directly from the browser
· Group SMS (SMS to an unlimited number of recipients)
· Multi-browser support (up to 3 browsers)
· Desktop notifications
· Sound notifications
· Android 2.2 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· MMS Support. Incoming and outgoing MMS messages are shown in the chat. (Sending MMS messages from BrowserTexting is not supported. MMS images are not supported in IE.)
· Messages sent directly from the handheld device will be shown in the chat.
· When connecting, the latest 150 messages (MMS and SMS) will be synchronised.
· Scroll bug in Firefox Extension fixed.
· Minor bug fixes.