Gives the enthusiastic astronomer the positions of Jupiter's satellites, Great Red Spot (GRS) and a map of Jupiter's features all in one single convenient package, and it's FREE!
Here are some key features of "JupView":
· Show positions of Jupiter's satellites.
· Flip view E/W and/or N/S to show the same orientation as your set up.
· View edge on, Plan or a 'wavey' diagram.
· Change the size of Plan and Edge on views.
· Animate Plan and Edge on views backwards or forwards in time.
· Click on a Satellites Label to see more information and a picture of the satellite.
· Click on the date or time to change to a different date/time.
· Click on Jupiter button for details about Jupiter.
· Distance from the Sun.
· Position in sky (RA and Dec).
· Determine if the GRS is visible.
· Coordinates for the current central meridian in System I & II coordinates.
· View an interactive map of Jupiter, move your stylus over a belt or zone to find out what it's called.
· Get recommendations on what filter works best on what feature.
· Pocket PC
· eMbedded Visual Basic Runtime