Pocket Stars is an integrated, real-time star finder, ephemeris, and celestial navigation tool for the Pocket PC. A Star Chart near as your pocket!
Pocket Stars is a portable guide to the heavens for casual stargazers, astronomers, and celestial navigators alike.
Here are some key features of "Pocket Stars (ARM/XScale)":
· Simple and fast star, planet, constellation and Messier object identification. Single click on any body to get the name, designation, calculated altitude, azimuth, and magnitude. Drag the cursor to scroll the chart. Zoom in and out with a single click.
· 3D Solar system flythrough.
· User location set by GPS, clicking on map, city selection, or by entering Latitude and Longitude.
· Complete user control of colors and skins.
· Orbital paths of inner planets and sun.
· Time Animation.
· Black, white, and red star chart colors for normal, bright, and night viewing conditions, respectively.
· Chart can be rotated to any of the 16 compass points and also flipped along the North - South axis.
· Chart can be live, realtime or static for any user selected time.
· Reduction from sextant altitude to observed altitude for any of the 9110 stars, nine planets, and sun and moon.
· Position from intercept and azimuth.
· Rise, set, and meridian times for all solar system bodies.
· Lunar Phase calendar and animation showing the relative positions of the earth, moon, and sun.
· Images and physical data for planets, moon and sun, Messier and Caldwell objects.
· Great Circle distance calculator
· Range and bearing calculator
· Horizon distance calculator
· Julian Day calculator
· Degree minute seconds conversion calculator
· Screen shots, demonstration movies, additional ephemerides, and FAQ available at author's website.
· This version supports ALL Pocket PCs using an ARM/XScale processor.
· The trial version is fully functional for a period of 15 days. After this demo period elapses, some capabilities are disabled unless registered. A registration code enabling permanent full functionality will be mailed immediately upon purchase.
· Program updates are free for registered users.
· ARM and 2.5MB