Ever get bored of watching the Today screen on your PocketPC? Does your PocketPC sit in its cradle all day, just staring at you with a blank face? Well, PocketCandy can help you spice up your PocketPC by giving you the opportunity to run screensavers! No, screensavers are not necessary on a PocketPC, since the screens on PocketPC's do not suffer from screenburn; however, screensavers are still cool to look at!
PocketCandy is not a screensaver itself, but allows your PocketPC to run screensavers after a specific period of no user interaction, just like your desktop computer. PocketCandy does come with several screensavers by default, and others can be easily downloaded and installed.
Here are some key features of "PocketCandy Free Edition":
· A Configurable Delay Period: This period can be from 1 to 30 minutes in length.
· Separate Delay Periods for AC Power and Battery Power: Now you can choose separate delay periods depending on whether your device is plugged in or not!
· Disabling while on Battery Power, while the SIP is active, and/or when a full screen application is running: You can decide when it is appropriate for PocketCandy to launch screensavers.
· The ability to preview and configure a screensaver: Screensavers can be easily configured and previewed from the Configuration Applet.
· A quick method of accessing its configuration: PocketCandy can include an icon in your system tray for fast access to its configuration applet. Double tapping on the icon opens PocketCandy's Configuration.
· Easier Disabling of PocketCandy: In version 1.1 you can simply single-tap on the PocketCandy icon in the system tray to disable and re-enable PocketCandy.
· 6 included screensavers, and more that are supported: PocketCandy includes 6 screensavers: Blank Screen, Flying Through Space, Mystify, Scrolling Marquee, Spiralling Dots, and Swarm. Because PocketCandy is extendable, you can add other screensavers as more are written.
· Random and Cycle Modes: PocketCandy can now select a random screensaver or cycle through all screensavers stored on your device.
· An Improvded Install: PocketCandy is now easier to install, as well as uninstall. The new installer will upgrade existing installations as well as perform a fresh install. There is also no more need to shut down certain processes when uninstalling it, PocketCandy's uninstall will take care of shutting down its own processes when uninstalled.