Your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is a new vector for bringing files into your home or business network. While there is no known malware for iOS, files can flow through your device into your computers at home and at work, by e-mail, or via remote locations such as MobileMe or Dropbox. Mac and Windows viruses, malware and worms will take any path they can to get into your home and work computers, and can easily be passed on to friends and co-workers directly from your iOS device.
VirusBarrier iOS lets you easily scan e-mail attachments, other files you have access to on your iOS device, or files on remote locations such as MobileMe and DropBox, web servers or WebDAV shares. VirusBarrier iOS uses Intego's award-winning VirusBarrier X6 scanning technology to detect and eradicate all known malware affecting Windows or Macs: viruses, worms, Trojan horses, fake antiviruses, and other types of malware that might otherwise pass through undetected.
Here are some key features of "VirusBarrier":
· On-demand scans of files received by e-mail, on remote locations, or on iOS devices
· Scans files for Mac, Windows and Unix viruses and malware
· Scans files for spyware, Trojan horses, adware, hacker tools, dialers, keyloggers and more
· Scans ZIP archives
· Repairs infected files
· Scans email attachments, files downloaded from Safari, and files accessed by apps supporting inter-app file transfers.
· Scans remote locations, such as DropBox, iDisks and WebDAV shares
· Scan websites for known phishing URLs, web threats, and malware hosting
· Automatically updates malware definitions
· Completes scans in the background
· Keeps logs of scans
· iOS 4.0 or later
· Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improves usability by allowing you to view most common document types directly from VirusBarrier iOS immediately after scanning them.
· New user interface design increases overall usability.
· Fixes minor bugs.