'Atomichelix OpenPGP for BlackBerry' is a full-featured BlackBerry program that allows the user to send and receive encrypted emails.
Some people ask "Why encrypt email?" The reason is simple: privacy. As it stands, getting access to an email message is very easy to do. Whether it's because of an email server being hacked, the email being intercepted, or even laws that allow governments to go through all electronic messages sent. You have a right to your privacy, but it's up to you to protect that right.
Even if you don't use Atomichelix OpenPGP for BlackBerry, please use something to maintain privacy for your email.
Here are some key features of "Atomichelix OpenPGP (BlackBerry)":
· Secure Email - Protect the privacy of your email communications!
· Encrypt Memos (coming soon) - Encrypt and decrypt MemoPad notes so that your confidential information is always protected!
· Email Privacy (coming soon) - Store emails on your device encrypted, even if they weren't sent to you encrypted, to protect your data on the device!
· BlackBerry OS 4.2.1 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed to be compatible with OS 5.0
· Changed the application to use UTF-8 for encoding
· Added the ability to associate PINs with public keys
· Added ability to send an encrypted PIN message, using the associated PIN on a public key
· Changed the default for a newly generated private key to DH/DSS
· Added the ".ahk" extension for importing keys from armoured ASCII files -- OS 4.5+ only
· Decreased amount of time validating a correct passphrase