Have you ever accidentally ignored an incoming call? Have you ever accidentally answered a call and left the caller 'talking to your pocket'? Have you ever accidentally dismissed reminders or alarms? …or 'never heard of them'? Has your mobile phone ever freezed because of too much 'touch input'? Have you ever had programs mysteriously starting 'by themselves'? Has your ear ever started a program? Has your phone ever drained out batteries too fast because of being ON inside your pocket?
If you answered 'YES!' for any of the questions above, then this is great news for you!
PocketShield is an intelligent locking/unlocking application. Prevents accidental touch on the phone screen specially when it is turned on not precisely by you. For example: when receiving calls, email notifications, SMS, alarms, etc. As you may have experienced, PocketPCs “wake up” whenever any of these events occur, they will also wake up when batteries are low, and randomly when phone signal changes antenna depending on your location. But the problem is: what if the phone is inside your pocket in that moment? or inside its case or pouch? Touch screens will take any touch over it as a user input, and arbitrary “touching” could cause many undesired results! (refer to questions on top).
“But Windows Mobile has a built in screen locker!”
Yes, Windows Mobile locks the screen, but unlocks the Answer and Ignore buttons as soon as a call rings, so doesn't help. The same happens when any notification pops up, the Snooze and Dismiss buttons are enabled even when screen is locked, leaving them vulnerable to any accidental touch.
Oh! Now I see… So, how it works?
PocketShield completely locks the screen when phone wakes up and is inside your pocket or case, and unlocks it automatically as soon as you take it off. Magic? Now a days, most phones come with an integrated light sensor, PocketShield uses this sensor to determine if the phone is inside something(without light reaching it). So if it’s receiving light it is probably because you have it in your hand, or you have it over your desk, or someplace where there would be no reason to have it locked.
Interesting… But what if it’s dark or it is night?
Good question! If that’s the case, you still have 5+ extra unlock options:
* Hand gesture, moving it in a particular way.
* Slide your finger over the screen from the top towards down.
* Stylus out.
* Press D-pad round button.
* Application permissions
You can combine any of the 5 unlocking mechanisms, as they are designed to work together. Choose the configuration that suits you better!
So, during day, unlocking is going to be 100% automatic, no need to worry. Only at night (or when no light) you would need an alternative way to unlock.
Note: You can find skins for PocketShield here.
Here are some key features of "PocketShield Protection Edition":
· Auto lock, no need to worry about locking, just turn off(sleep) your phone and feel confident.
· Screen auto-unlock when out of pocket, or when light available.
· Screen unlock by sliding finger from top towards down (vertical sliding for improved hand ergonomics)
· Unlock by gestures (flipping or shaking phone).
· Customizable hardware keys blocking.
· 5+ ways to unlock, 6+ for the Touch Pro.
· Answer calls by gestures, or slide.
· Vibration feedback when you unlock or when auto-unlocks.
· Digital clock with date option. 12H or 24H option.
· Displays caller name, number and contact picture for incoming and outgoing calls.
· Displays missed calls, reminders, alarms, SMS, email.
· Subtle and accurate battery indicator.
· Manual lock.
· Option to directly power off device when manually locked .
· Auto power off after 20 seconds if never unlocked (battery protection).
· Screen protection during calls (or after calls)
· Customizable layout and/or background image.
· Skins/themes supported
· Application permissions for unlock
· System settings helper
· Windows Mobile 6.1 or later
· .NET Compact Framework 2.0
· Non-activated software will have a 10 second count down screen shown randomly saying that you are using the trial (this will not interfere with phone calls). It will be also restricted to 1 theme download.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed random crash when receiving calls