Galaxy on Fire 2 sets new standards and offers unprecedented quality and game depth for the sci-fi genre: discover a galaxy with more than 20 solar systems and 100 different 3D space stations. The epic story features full voice acting, dramatically portrays the battle for survival of the Terrans, Midorians, Nivellians and Vossks and provides over 10 hours of exciting space adventure. Together with a countless number of freelance missions, over 30 space ships that can be fully customized and a complex trading simulation, Galaxy on Fire 2 is the ultimate sci-fi benchmark in the App Store.
The mercenary Keith T. Maxwell, the hero of the first part, is catapulted through space and time because of a malfunction in the hyperdrive of his space ship. He wakes up 35 years later and finds himself in a very different galaxy. The fragile peace between the four peoples, which has been maintained for generations by the galaxy’s diplomats, is on the line: the Voids, an aggressive alien race, have entered the known universe using wormhole technology. United by a common enemy, the former adversaries now fight side by side for the survival of the galaxy.
Determine the fate of Keith T. Maxwell: follow the main plot, complete various missions as you go, or simply hunt and capture goods from your victims. Sell your loot for maximum profit on one of the many space stations so that you can keep your ship equipped with the best weapons and specialist gear. Land on asteroids and mine for ore which can be used in conjunction with blueprints to manufacture rare equipment or trading goods. Using new special weapons, tactical commands to your wingmen and the option of taking over control of the gun turrets of your ship, you must prove yourself in all kinds of situations, from special secret missions to epic space battles, in order to save the galaxy.
Here are some key features of "Galaxy on Fire 2":
· A large galaxy with over 20 solar systems and beautifully rendered planets
· 100 unique 3D space stations and more than 30 customizable 3D space ships
· Unique reputation- and diplomacy system
· Story-based, mission-based and free game play
· Complex trading system with over 170 different trading goods of all kinds
· Ore mining in dangerous, dynamic asteroid fields
· High quality music, voice acting (English) and 3D sound
· Action Freeze: 3D screenshot tool to save screenshots from any perspective and upload them to Facebook
· Game centre and OpenFeint integration of leader boards, achievements and games saved online
· High resolution support for retina display
· iOS 4.3 or later
· Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· OpenFeint features removed due to OpenFeint shutdown
· Galaxy on Fire 2 SD now natively supports the resolution of iPhone 5
· iCloud save issue of Galaxy on Fire 2 SD resolved: It's again possible to transfer saves between game versions.
· Minor Bugfixes and Enhancements