Do you have a need for speed? Tired of waiting for your Palm? This utility allows you to run your Palm up to 353% (for Prism - different Palms have different limits) the normal speed.
Going on a trip, want to conserve power and extend battery life - Yes! Afterburner can do that too by underclocking the CPU.
The successor to Afterburner 2.x now brings more features, more options, and more power. You can make your Palm run faster when you need the power, and run slower when you want to conserve your batteries. Now supports all major platforms from OS3.0 to OS4.0. Make your Palm run the way you want it to!
Registered version works with Omnisky.
Here are some key features of "Afterburner":
· - Speeds up SD/MMC/Memory Stick accesses
· - More enhancement and control options than before
· - Some LCD related options, hopefully solving some LCD issues
· - Compatibility with GoType and Stowaway (PPK) keyboards
· - Sound frequencies preserved at any clock setting
· - System ticks preserved correctly
· - Limited IR beaming ability (due to hardware limitations)
· - General serial port compatibility (with modems for example)
· - Integrated control app (no secondary app to load)
· - Compatibility with OS3.0 to 3.5
· - Automatically detects 16MHz or 20MHz machine
· - Smaller total footprint compared to previous versions
· - Remembers 0-waitstate and Fast-multiplex settings
· - Button to restore normal settings
· - StreakHack functionality. You don't need StreakHack now.
· - Replaces NoStreakHack
· - Allows for overclocking up to 54MHz (but most only work to 29MHz, Prism up to 43MHz)
· - Faster Hotsync performance
· - Support for Springboard Flash module
· All these, and everything that was previously offered:-
· - Sound notification options
· - Automatically under-clock at low-battery option
· - Conditional over-clocking option
· - Provides CruiseControl functionality. You don't need CC anymore.
· 11KB RAM
· Required Software - LinkeSOFT X-Master
· Unregistered version is limited to 37MHz and lack some features (support for Serial and IR, ScreenFix etc.)