"Archives" is an unarchiving tool that can open almost any archived file. It is based on the popular software "The Unarchiver" for Mac OS X.
The app supports common formats like Zip, RAR, 7-zip, Tar, Gzip and Bzip2, as well as older formats such as StuffIt, DiskDoubler, LZH, ARJ and ARC. In addition, it can handle CD and DVD images such as ISO, BIN, MDF, NRG and CDI, many Windows self-extracting EXE files, and can even extract media from Flash SWF files and images from PDF files.
"Archives" can open email attachments, files downloaded from the internet, and even files from your computer through iTunes file sharing. The application can preview files inside archives, such as text, images or music, and open files using other installed apps.
· iOS 4.3 or later
· Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fix a bug that would make filenames that would make files with invalid filenames not work in Zip and Exe files.
· Fix some small memory leaks.
· Read-only attributes for files in archives are now ignored. This caused some files not to extract correctly in older versions.
· Fix a bug with parsing Tar files.