CardBackup is a utility that will backup the databases on a PalmOS device and store them on an expansion card. The current release supports the Virtual File System (VFS) manager that was introduced in PalmOS 4.0, which includes the m500 and m505. However, CardBackup should work on any device that supports VFS.
More than likely the information on your Palm is the most valuable information you own. Keep it safe with CardBackup. Especially great when your on the road and don't have the ability to HotSync your Palm. Use CardBackup and make sure your information is safe.
The current release supports the Virtual File System (VFS) manager that was introduced in PalmOS 4.0. It now also supports VFSHelper from Kopsis Engineering. So now all Handspring users with springboards can benefit from CardBackup.
Here are some key features of "Cardbackup":
· Fully OS 5.0 Compatible
· Backup only whats changed. Daily backups take usually < 30seconds
· Multiple Backups
· Multiple Schedules for Backups
· One-click Full Restore
· Partial Restore (Restore individual databases)
· Compatible with mounting software (like MSMount)
· Exclusion List - Excluded databases you do not want in the backup.
· Backup after HotSync
· Free upgrades for life!
· Any Palm OS
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· CardBackup is now in German and English! Spanish comming soon!
· Backup exclusion list. Hit "Setup" then "Backup Exclusion List"
· Backups are even faster.
· Backup after Hotsync is now supported. Hit "Setup" then "After Hotsync".
· Restore has been rewritten to be more robust. In the event of failure CardBackup will give a more detailed report so we can better help you.
· All the potential problems with DocumentsToGo and AvantGo have been fixed.
· We are now compatible with the TungstenE and Tungsten3 PIMs you should not receive any errors related to the new PIMs.
· Scheduled backups require only about 10% of the memory they did before making the scheduled backups more reliable when run with other programs that use a lot of memory.