Installation Note: Install 2.5 and then unzip 2.5.2 and copy to program files folder (before that stop service and exit configurator!).
AutoActiveSync is a software to auto-connect via BT when in range of Bluetooth cradle (your device could be on or suspended).
There are two settings:
• first: select device from list (device must be paired – this device is computer with ActiveSync profile)
• second: select interval of searching (in suspend and in powered on mode) – this settings are in milliseconds. Please don’t set less then 15000 (15 sec)! Remember that less value cause your device to more often wake up from suspend to unattended mode and check for device if is in range (this could drain battery).
How does it work? It is looking for some system states before looking for specified by user BT cradle and allowing to connect:
• device can’t be connected to cradle (any other connection by USB or manual via BT will be detected)
• device can’t be connected to BT A2DP or BT Hands Free (this is to prevent of audio interruptions)
• device must be charged over “VeryLow” state (I think this is around 20%) or being connected to charger
Usage. After installing please run AutoActiveSync from start menu (this is only configurator - you must configure it before first usage). Then just run the service (on first tab). After restarting device service will autostart (via startup folder in Windows directory). Please note, that application can crash before accepting usage of unsigned dll's!
Warning! Remember, that not only searching for device via BT could drain your battery. When ActiveSync is connected via BT and device is in suspend mode in real it is unattended mode. It mean, that for example CPU is working normally (not in deep suspend) and draining battery.
Registry. This software store settings in registry, right here: HKCU/Software/AutoActiveSync
· Windows Mobile 6.x
· .NET Compact Framework 3.5 Redistributable
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Bug fix for scheduling (now tested) and new feature - allow enable wifi using Comm Manager when autodisabled after connecting to A2DP or ActiveSync.