Cisco Jabber turns your iPhone into a full-featured Cisco Unified IP Phone, allowing you to place, receive, and manage calls using your workplace's telephony infrastructure. You can place and receive calls using your work phone number, and make calls over a Wi-Fi network to save on roaming charges and mobile minutes while receiving better in-building network coverage.
IMPORTANT: This application requires connectivity to Cisco Unified Communications Manager and will not work without it. If you are unsure if your company provides access to this service, please contact your IT department. You will not be able to use this application without an account with this service.
Administrators: Licensing is required for Cisco Jabber.
By using this application you agree with the terms of the accompanying end user license agreement (EULA).
Here are some key features of "Cisco Jabber":
· Place & receive calls over your wireless LAN at work
· Place & receive calls over VPN using your home Wi-Fi network, hotspots, hotel rooms – wherever you have access to a strong Wi-Fi network
· Handoff calls to GSM as you leave Wi-Fi coverage
· Access call features such as conference, hold and resume, and transfer
· View and listen to your office voice messages (optional feature)
· Access your co-workers in your corporate directory (optional feature)
· Call your co-workers simply by saying their name using voice dialing (optional feature)
· iOS 5.0 or later
· Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Support for iOS 6 and misc. defect fixes