Line2 brings carrier-grade calling and texting to mobile devices. The free version of the app gives users a real telephone number, free in-network calling and texting with other Line2 customers, the ability to receive voicemails and texts from anyone outside Line2, and outbound calling to toll-free numbers. International customers can use Line2 to get a US or Canadian phone number for business communications, or for talking to friends and relatives.
To access all features, including calling and texting with anyone whether they have Line2 or not, subscribe to the premium monthly plan.
Here are some key features of "Line2 for iPhone/iPad":
· Phone Line - Transfer an existing number to Line2 or get a new local or toll-free number.
· Voicemail - Listen to messages over email or visual voicemail on your mobile.
· SMS Text Messaging - Carrier-grade texting lets you text with any phone on any carrier.
· International Calling - Call worldwide for pennies, and call back to the US or Canada for free.
· Web Interface - The User Console manages your settings and calls.
· Mobile Application - Manage calls, SMS, and contacts with your mobile device.
· HD Audio - Call a friend who has Line2 and experience the aural delight.
· VoIP Calling - Make calls over the Internet with your iPod Touch, iPad, iPhone, or Android device.
· iOS 5.0 or later
· Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch (2nd generation), iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved voice quality
· iPhone 5 support
· Optimized for iOS 6
· New iPhone retina keypad
· Subscription billing through iTunes
· Bug fixes