Ever wish you had an extra display for your Mac or Windows computer? There's an app for that! With Air Display, you can use your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch as a wireless display, to extend your computer desktop.
Developed by Avatron Software, home of the popular Air Sharing and Print Sharing applications, Air Display lets you position your iOS device next to your computer, drag windows onto it, and interact with those windows as you would on any other computer display.
Here are some key features of "Air Display":
· Air Display's performance is extremely responsive, employing a unique dynamic compression algorithm. On a typical Wi-Fi network, mouse cursor refreshes are indistinguishable from a wired mouse.
· Air Display works in both landscape and portrait configurations. Just rotate your screen, and it automatically reconfigures.
· Air Display makes a laptop much more useful. Adding the iPad's 1024x768 display nearly doubles the screen area of a laptop or netbook.
· Air Display not only gives you a wireless computer screen extender, but also works as a tablet input device. You can use your finger to draw directly on the screen's surface. Try it with a calculator app, painting tool, or music control surface! Simple gestures allow you to operate the right mouse button and scroll wheel.
· You can connect to Air Display from both Mac and Windows. And because it's a universal app, it works on an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
· When you rotate the screen, or disconnect and reconnect, your windows are automatically repositioned appropriately, so you don't have to drag them back to the iOS device.
· You can choose to connect automatically to Air Display every time you launch the app.
· iOS 4.3 or later
· Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Bug fixes