Carat for Android 0.92
Carat is an app which generates personalized recommendations for improving battery life.
As you use your mobile device, Carat occasionally takes measurements about your device and how it is being used. These measurements are sent to the developers' servers, where advanced algorithms are applied to determine how devices are using energy and under what circumstances. The results of these analyses are then sent back to the app, which can give you feedback and actionable advice about how to improve your battery life.
Carat collects instrumentation data from the community of devices where it is installed. Nothing it collects identifies you, personally. The data is processed by the Carat Server, and stored. A Spark-powered analysis tool extracts key statistical values and metrics from the data. These are shown in the reports in the Carat app, and used to recommend actions for increased battery life and better user experience.
- Action List telling you how to improve your battery life and by how much
- Device information detailing exactly what data we are recording
- Reports apps that are using lots of energy and whether that is happening on other devices, too
- Detail views let you dive down into the data and see graphs of energy use
- Low-overhead sampling requires almost no energy or CPU
- J-Score tells you how your battery efficiency compares to other users
- Sharing features let you post/tweet/blog about your experience; more users means more data which means better recommendations for you
Carat for Android
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- The send samples notification no longer plays a sound
- More informative screen if you have no bugs
- Tracks the popularity of Carat screens and how often you kill bugs and hogs, we use this info to improve Carat
- Completed Finnish translation