FEWidgets Ultimate is a Today Plugin for Windows Mobile devices which implements Samsung Omnia-like widgets.
This version of the application is 100% native code (C++) using the Qt Framework for Windows CE and does not require Flash at all (none of them). It also should run faster than its flash counterpart (the Lite or vanilla old versions).
- Task Manager Widget (shows up to 8 tasks)
- Operator Name
- RSS Feed Reader
- Comming Appointments
- Contact widget
- Date widget
- Battery/Phone signal Strength indicator.
- S2P Player control.
- Analog Clock
- Diamond like Clock
- Background Image Changer
- Bluetooth State (Can turn on/off)
- Wi-Fi State (Can turn on/off)
- Quick Dial.
- Layout swapper.
- Locker (locks widget dragging)
- Calendar (when tapped will link to WindowsCalendar.lnk)
- Shortcuts Widget. This widget allows creating shortcuts to exe/lnk files. You can drop the widget as many times as you want.
- Missed Calls. Shows the number of missed calls. When double tapped will take you to the missed calls log.
- Unread SMS. Shows the number of unread SMSs.
- Unread Mail. Shows the number of unread Mail on all accounts.
- Sound Profile changer. Lets you switch between On/Vibrate/Off modes.
- Weather. Shows you the weather for today. Current temperature and forecasted Min/Max for today.
- SMS information. Once you drop this widget once, if you remove it, it'll spawn automatically the next time you have an SMS message on the same possition you had placed it.
- Programs. Shows the contents of the Programs folder of the Start Menu on a kinetic scrolling list.
Note: Skins for FEWidgets Ultimate can be found here.
Here are some key features of "FEWidgets Ultimate":
· Haptic feedback. When clicking on widget buttons you'll feel a small vibration.
· Multiple Layouts/Pages support (up to 4).
· Multiple Windows for each page with 0 loading time.
· Fullscreen Mode.
· Support for Landscape/Portrait modes.
· VGA/QVGA/WQVGA/WVGA support.
· Skinnable though XML files (or just modifying the images).
· Extensible though C++ plugins.
· Support for Acceleration/Light sensor on the engine. (not used right now by any Widget)
· Windows Mobile 6.1/6.5
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· [Fixed] On some devices docking the Widgets Bar at the bottom will make the bar overlap the menu. (because today window size is not calculated correctly)
· [Fixed] If the WidgetsBar docking is set to bottom and then to left again it won't update the Show/Hide button properly.
· [Fixed] Some applications are not launched correctly.
· [Fixed] On the VGA version some programs are displayed without icons.
· [Fixed] Error messages would display the error on the title.
· [Fixed] When switching fullscreen on and then off application window size won't be calculated properly.
· [Changed] Kinetic speed on VGA/WVGA devices is now increased.
· [Changed] Drag distance to differentiate a tap from a drag operation is now doubled on VGA/WVGA devices.
· [Changed] On the Task Manager Widget, now the first icon is always arranged at the bottom instead of on the left.
· [New] Added a new parameter for widgets (can be set on widgets.xml) which allows specifying a distance to be left between the snap point on the widget with the parameter set and the snapped snap point on the perpendicular axis to the one the snapping took place.