Magic Profiles is the only utility for Sony Ericsson P800/P900 devices that allows you to create and manage various phone profiles.
Using Magic Profiles, you will never experience any problems enabling, for example, a silent mode for night time or meetings, a loud mode for an outside or car driving, and much more, any imaginable alert settings. You can bind these profiles not only to 24-hours' grid, but for workdays and holidays, defining rules and exceptions. Your smartphone will automatically switch between the profiles offering a comfortable work with the device.
With various profiles, you can control the most of phone features in just one touching of your smartphone's screen. Change rings, sounds, messages, vibrations, sound volume of ring and talking, at one moment! Using this application you can create any number of profiles and switch between them instantly - in the same way as on an ordinary mobile phone.
Magic Profiles understands your Calendar's appointments and follows them. Now and forever you can forget all about these manipulations with ring volume, melodies, vibrating alerts, etc.
Attention: to enable call management, cell id support and Bluetooth control use Magic Profiles Pro.
Working with Magic Profiles
To open Magic Profiles, tap its icon in the Applications list(v1.2 or higher). Alternatively, go to Control Panel > General > Magic Profiles. Now let's go through all the tabs to learn this application.
Here you can:
- Enable the program itself. When enabled, Magic Profiles replaces a standard sound dialog and allows you to switch between profiles in one tap. The program must be enabled to work.
- Enable the scheduler. When this feature is turned on, Magic Profiles automatically switches between profiles according to the rules that you set. It is the most important (basic) feature of Magic Profiles therefore we always advise you to turn the scheduler on.
- Enter a "Holiday" word. When Magic Profiles finds this word in your Calendar entry, it always considers this day as a holiday. This will help you to create exceptions for other rules (extra holidays, vacations, calendar changes, etc). Note: you should create an "All day event" Calendar entry!. You may also use "Location" field.
- Enter a "Workday" word. When Magic Profiles finds this word in your Calendar entry, it always considers this day as a working day. This will help you to create exceptions for other rules (extra working days, calendar changes, etc). Note: you should create an "All day event" Calendar entry! You may also use "Location" field.
Here you can view, create, edit and delete profiles. You can have as many profiles as you wish.
To create a new profile, tap the button with a blank sheet, then enter a desired name for this profile.
In the General tab you can choose a working mode for the profile. Silent mode means that all sounds will be disabled, and the Flight mode means disabling all the phone functions.
In the Sounds tab you can specify any sound for every incoming event. (Note: P900 has an additional option titled "Ring (voice) Line 2").
In the Volume, you can change a sound volume, turn an increasing ring on/off, switch a vibrating alert on and off.
In the Advanced, you can change some other setting as melodies for area info, auto setup and default alarm sound (last option is for P900 only).
To instantly apply a desired profile, tap the paint bucket button. To edit a profile, use the pencil button. To delete a profile, tap the eraser.
Now, after creating some profiles, it's high time you bind them to working hours (or days).
Here again you can view, create, edit and delete schedule rules. When the scheduler is enabled, Magic Profiles automatically switches between profiles following these rules. Note that every rule has an activation time only. This means that current profile will work until next one is activated (manually or automatically).
You may create as many schedule rules as you wish, and make any settings! There can be a rule for every day, for any day of week, etc.
Not only to time settings, you can bind profiles to Calendar's entries!
Create some rules which will work with special keywords. You should use these keywords in your Calendar when you want to tell Magic Profiles if you are on a meeting etc. For example, create here a necessary rule for *meeting* word. Then, enter this word (exactly) in one of your Calendar entries. When Magic Profiles finds this word, your phone will be automatically switched to the according profile. You may also use "Location" field.
Calendar rules have the highest priority, then weekday rules follow, then workday/weekend rules, and then every day rules at last. For example, you made such settings:
- Calendar rule with the keyword *meeting* -> profile Meeting;
- Scheduler rules:
- - 09:00 / Monday -> profile Profile1
- - 09:00 / Workday -> profile Profile2
- - 09:00 / Weekend -> profile Profile3
Then if you have a Calendar entry "Monday, 09:00-09:30, *meeting*", the Meeting profile will be set on this day, at this time (9:00). At 9:30, the Profile1 will be activated. On Tuesday-Friday, the Profile2 will work. And on Saturday-Sunday, the Profile3 will finish the week.
Quick access to all profiles / Magic Profiles' preferences
To have quick access to all of your profiles from any application, simply tap the sound icon on your statusbar.
You'll get our advanced dialog where you can choose any profile and perform some minor settings such as volume control and scheduler enabling. However, keep in mind that if you like to keep a manually chosen profile, then the scheduler must be disabled (otherwise it will automatically switch between profiles as usual).
At last, now you have an easy access to all Magic Profiles' preferences - just tap the "Prefs" button.
You can work with Magic Profiles in FC mode (v1.2 or higher must be installed). Run Magic Profiles as usual.
When you choose a profile (manually), you'll get a message "Profile XXX activated". Note that the scheduler will be disabled (automatically), otherwise it could override this manual profile selection.
You may press "C" button to access the scheduler's menu.
It is always recommended to create a so-called Default profile. This profile will be activated if there are no other rules active at this moment. A very useful feature!
To use a Default profile, create a new rule in the scheduler:
00:00 Everyday -> Normal
("Normal" is a name of the profile you want to use by default). Thus, this rule will have the lowest priority. It will only work if there are no other rules active at this time. Note that everyday, at 0:00, your profile will be changed to the Default one.
Compatibility and installation. Uninstallation/updating
This program has been successfully tested on SonyEricsson P800 and P900 smartphones. We cannot guarantee its work on other devices. Be sure to backup your smartphone before installing any program.
We always recommend to install the program on D: drive (Memory Stick card). In case you have any problems, remove Memory Stick card, boot up your phone, wait 2 minutes (this is important!), then insert the card, then uninstall Magic Profiles.
To update Magic Profiles:
1. Disable the program (in its main menu).
2. Close Control Panel (with any task manager).
3. Update Magic Profiles by installing a new version.
To uninstall Magic Profiles:
1. Disable the program (in its main menu).
2. Uninstall the program as usual.
· Sony Ericsson P800/P900
· 21 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Two bugs (with Calendar and autostart) fixed at last. Flip-Closed working mode added. Flight mode added. Now you can run Magic Profiles from Apps list. Improved interface.