Nokia Situations helps your device tie more into your life. You can manually define situations, like “In a meeting”, “Sleeping”, “Watching TV”, or “Playing with kids” and define how you want the device to act. With the application running in the background, your mobile device automatically senses the situation you are in and adapts to it according to your preferences.
You can trigger any combination of the following actions in any situation:
• Change Ringtones, make the phone go silent or louder, turn vibra on/off, and all the other profile settings.
• Answer missed calls with SMS. Especially when you set your phone to silent, you can also make it reply to missed calls, from contacts in your phonebook, with a pre-defined SMS.
• Save Power. Not using phone for a while, like when sleeping? Turn Bluetooth on/off or let your phone change to power-saving mode totally.
• Change UI theme / Wallpaper. Want to make the phone look different in different situations? Change the Theme during free time vs. when you are at work.
• Open a Web bookmark or application. Want to see weather forecast for the day when you wake up? Look at the calendar as first thing? Or open your favorite TV show discussion page at show time? Or perhaps change the Device Mode when at work?
To enable the device to act on the situation, you can tell the device to watch for the following conditions (separately or in combination):
• Scheduled. Set period of time, Set active days, Set during active calendar events.
• Location. Nearby (GSM location), Current location (GPS fix), From Map (use Ovi maps)
• Connectivity. Wi-Fi (when in range), Bluetooth
· Symbian S60 3rd Edition, FP2
· Symbian S60 5th Edition
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Application action allows selection of several applications
· Added possibility to close launched applications when situation changes
· Added possibility to close browser when situation changes
· Time & WLAN conditions now support multiple selections (remove conditions by long tapping the condition)
· Timed option added as in profiles
· Small UI changes (long-tap context menus & direct actions on items)
· "no change" -option added to Bluetooth, theme & powersave actions
· Network location condition improved
· Cell ID limit increased to 100
· Added possibility to remove cells from existing network location condition
· Bookmark action fix (open bookmark correctly when browser is already started)
· Removed background service autostart from sis-installation (caused unexpected problems where settings could not be accessed properly without device restart)