Swype provides a faster and easier way to input text on any screen. With one continuous finger or stylus motion across the screen keyboard, the patented technology enables users to input words faster and easier than other data input methods - at over 40 words per minute.
Swype has worked closely with Nokia to bring you the best text input experience on your S60 5th Edition handset. Swype plugs directly into the Symbian input method to ensure seamless integration with every application on the device.
Swype excels in language support, allowing users to Swype in many different languages. Once the initial package is installed, you can download and install additional languages. You still need to ensure that the main application is installed first, and that the phone's Writing Language fits with one of Swype's supported languages. Since Swype has its own language selection, it is recommended that you set the phone's Writing Language to English, then use Swype to change the language dictionary in use for writing.
Here are some key features of "Swype (Symbian)":
· Standard QWERTY keyboard layout makes Swype easy to learn
· Use a stylus or finger – Swype’s amazing input path analyzer allows you to go fast and sloppy. Just make a reasonable effort to trace through the word and Swype will do the rest
· Double Tap Editing – Make a mistake? Double tap on a word to bring up a list of other possible matches.
· Auto Spelling Correction
· Automatic Help – Swype detects when you may be having trouble or might benefit from a particular feature and prompts you with helpful tips and instructions
· Instant access to Symbols, Numbers and Editing functions
· 65,000-word Learning Dictionary – Chances are the word you are typing is already in the Swype dictionary. If it isn’t, just tap it out once followed by a space and Swype will remember it for future use.
· Symbian S60 5th Edition
· Symbian Anna
· Symbian Belle
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Complete overhaul to the install / uninstall experience. Install to C:, SD Card, Mass Memory, etc, without a problem. (We still recommend you install to C:)
· Critical Settings crash has been fixed
· Official Symbian Belle support
· Thai and Vietnamese language support
· Many small bug fixes