Apex Launcher helps you create a customized homescreen experience on your Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) device.
NOTE: Due to limitations of the Android framework, you won't be able to add widgets from the drawer unless Apex Launcher is installed as a system app (root required). Please read the FAQ for more information.
· Pinch the screen to access screen previews (like Exposé or HTC Sense).
· Long press an icon to drag and drop it over another one to create a folder.
· Long press icons/folders on the desktop and choose edit from the popup menu to customize icons and labels.
· Drag, hover, and drop app icons over the delete button at the top of the screen to quickly uninstall apps.
· Long press an app in the hide apps list to quickly launch that app.
· Reboot after installing as system app (root required) to add widgets from the drawer.
Here are some key features of "Apex Launcher":
· Customizable homescreen grid size and up to 9 homescreens
· Scrollable dock with up to 7 icons per page and up to 5 pages
· Infinite & elastic scrolling (homescreen, drawer and dock)
· Fancy transition effects (tablet, cube, etc.)
· Hide elements as you want (persistent search bar, status bar, or even the dock)
· Customizable icons and labels for shortcuts and folders
· Choose different folder preview styles and background
· Multiple drawer styles (transparent/opaque, horizontal/vertical, paginated/continuous)
· Drawer apps sorting (title, install date, mostly used)
· Hide apps from the drawer
· Lock your desktop to prevent accidental changes
· Enjoy homescreen gestures (pinch, swipe up/down, double tap)
· Backup/restore settings and data
· Optimized for both phones and tablets
· Lots of other customization options!
· Android 4.0.3 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Folder background transparency
· Transparent status bar for HTC devices (requires root on Sense 5)
· Bug fixes and minor UI improvements
· Updated translations