Kheb allows you to see exactly what changes any software makes on your Pocket PC. It works by taking complete snapshots of your mobile device's state, and creating a diff file that shows the changes between snapshots.
Kheb is a useful tool for software developers, ROM chefs, and advanced users.
Examples of useful stuff Kheb can do:
• Shows you where an application places its files - for example, sometimes the executable and shortcuts are placed in obscure locations, with Kheb you can always find them.
• Security – See for yourself if dubious applications install sneaky registry settings to auto-load, or if they leave traces behind after being uninstalled.
• Helps create a custom CAB or OEM package based on an existing CAB, even if the CAB uses setup.dll to run code during installation. Great for aspiring ROM Chefs.
• Gives you a deeper understanding of how system settings work under the hood.
• Tells you exactly where an application hides its "registration information" after you enter a valid serial number. It can help you avoid going through annoying registration schemes over and over. Note that Kheb isn’t a hacking tool – you still need to properly register first, though Kheb could be used to easily create pre-registered releases.
• Helps you learn – if you’re a software developer, studying real-life examples of registry changes will let you find interesting and useful hooks into the system that you can use in your own software.
• Please read the help file accessible through the menu for usage instructions.
• A complete snapshot of your device can take several minutes, so be patient...
· .NET Compact Framework 3.5 Redistributable
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved storage card detection algorithm.
· Improved error reporting - info about the exact problematic registry key\file is written to error.log file.
· Improved error handling - Kheb recovers from most IO problems (permissions, unconnected network filesystems, etc) and continues running.
· New icon
· "Generate OEM from diff" item is only enabled if there are existing diffs.
· Latest diff is auto selected
· More entries in kheb.ini