This is the definitive guide to all the best places & authentic experiences across Australia from the outback to the beach, from its casually confident cities to its ancient indigenous culture.
It offers insider tips on how to engage with Australia’s remarkable landscapes, its idiosyncratic locals & its utterly bizarre wildlife.
It is NOT YOUR TYPICAL APP:
· It is opinionated, jam-packed with info & pragmatic advice you won’t find elsewhere.
· It is a big app for a big continent, but it is not encyclopaedic. Rather it distils the best. Once a destination has made the cut, it gives you everything you need to enjoy it.
· It actually contains MINI APPS WITHIN THE APP. Many entries cover entire regions with bullet points on things to do, where to stay, where to eat & drink.
· When a resort, restaurant, or individual adventure is outstanding it gets its own entry with in-depth opinions on how best to enjoy it.
A few mechanics:
· I have organised entries by a range of tags, which can then be sorted by state, distance from you & price. Don’t miss the hidden gems!
· There are heaps of hyperlinks with interesting background, including YouTube video & info on Aussie movies & books.
· Under hours, I give opening hours PLUS the best season to visit. Australia's contrary Southern Hemisphere seasons can be confusing for visitors from the Northern Hemisphere.
Finally, I have avoided overly commercial destinations, which you can easily find with generic guides (or just follow the tourist crowd).
The application will be updated regularly (at no extra charge) as more great destinations emerge.
· iOS 4.3 or later
· Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed bug to load photos faster
· Fixed bug for landscape mode on iPhone