Use Google Earth to fly around the planet with the swipe of a finger. Explore distant lands or reacquaint yourself with your childhood home. Search by voice for cities, places, and businesses. Browse layers including roads, borders, places, photos and more.
For tablet users on Android 3.0 (Honeycomb), you can now enjoy a new Google Earth experience optimized for the large screen. With a new action bar, you can get easy access to search, reset-to-north, my location, and layers. Also, you can now explore the same photo-realistic 3D buildings that have previously only been accessible with the desktop version of Google Earth. Visit the Statue of Liberty in New York, the Taj Mahal in India, or the Sydney Opera House in Australia, all in their full 3D glory! To view 3D buildings on your tablet, just select ‘3D Buildings’ from the layer menu.
You can easily navigate with your fingers, using:
· a one finger swipe to move the globe
· a two-finger pinch and rotate to zoom in and out and rotate your viewpoint
· two-fingers swiped together to tilt your view
· a one single finger double-tap to zoom in and
· a two-finger double-tap to zoom out
· Android 2.1 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Google Maps Street View: With Street View, you can explore the world at street level.
· Improved directions/search: Updated directions let you can visualize transit, walk, bike and drive directions in 3D while update search result list will let you browse search results quickly.
· Improved interface: Easily browse and enable different layers through use of new left hand panel