Emit allows you to watch videos from your computer right on your iOS device. The app streams media wirelessly from your Windows, OS X, or Linux computer to your mobile via local WiFi, 3G or external WiFi.
In order to use the app, you will need to install the accompanying desktop application first. Once the server installation is complete, you can add folders that you wish to share.
Here are some key features of "Emit for iPhone/iPad":
· Live encoding and streaming directly to your device. No need to wait for your video to encode entirely.
· .srt subtitles
· Pre-encode videos and download them to the device for offline viewing
· Audio playback in background
· Video output with subtitles on external display via HDMI (TV Out)
· Emit remembers where you left off and starts playing from there (Resume function)
· Video scaling options
· Audio controls on lock screen
· iOS 4.3 or later
· Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· fixed issue when browsing directories with non-English names
· added Arabic subtitles support
· additional bitrate and resolution settings
· additional sorting options