LiveCam allows you to watch what your phone's (rear) camera sees. Currently still images are taken every 5 seconds, and you can only see still images in browser but in future It will able to transfer real-time video! The app is totally uncustomizable for now. It contains whole lot of bugs.
The app consists of 2 parts joined in 1 executable:
- a camera server that takes picture every 5 second
- a small HTTP server that allows you to see the most current image.
- Copy LiveCam.exe and DirectShow.NETCF.DLL to one folder wherever on your device.
- Ensure you have at least 400kB free space on your device root folder.
- Check your device name in Start > Settings > System > About. You may change it for more friendly for you or easier to remember if you want but do it now.
- Connect your phone to WiFi or ActiveSync/WMDC. Wait until the connection is established.
- Run LiveCam.exe. Click "Enable Cam" button (don't worry there's still a camera disabled text, if you see picture from your camera then everything's alright). Click "Enable HTTP" button (same here, don't worry of the HTTP disabled text).
- Run your PC's web browser and point to http://your_device_name:1222/
e.g. http://HTC52:1222/ Should be working.
- If you want to use it via data connection you must first activate it, however it won't work if you don't have external IP service.
- If you want to access it from an Internet computer (not in your subnet), please redirect 1222 port on your WiFi router, check your Pocket PC's IP.
Tested only on HTC KAISER. May not work on other devices.
Note this is a pre-pre-pre-alpha-release and it has maybe 10% of the intended functionality.
- Only 240x320 available res (will be fixed)
- Only still images, no video (5 seconds)
- No auto-refresh in web server must refresh manually to see current image (will be fixed easily)
- No customizable HTML page (will be fixed easily)
- No customizable HTTP port (will be fixed easily)
- No way of turning Flashlight (should be fixed)
- May hang up or eat memory. Please always use the Give up button to exit app so that resources are believed to be released then.