ForeFlight Mobile is the critically acclaimed flight planning, aviation weather, and flight support application for pilots.
Built with an attention to detail and backed by a dedicated, fanatical support team, ForeFlight has become the top grossing aviation app for iOS devices and is trusted by pilots everywhere.
AIRPORT AND FACILITY DIRECTORY
ForeFlight's A/FD covers 220+ countries and is provided by top industry sources, including AOPA and Universal Weather and Aviation. Critical airport information is displayed prominently and includes METARs, TAFs, winds aloft, and NOTAMS.
PLATES & CHARTS
Download 15,000+ terminal procedures, IFR charts, VFR charts, and Terminal Area Charts for use offline. Charts are geo-referenced and integrated with ForeFlight's Moving Map.
Import your own terminal procedures using the "Bring Your Own Procedures" feature.
Geo-referenced terminal procedures and taxi diagrams are available in the Pro plan and made possible through a partnership with Seattle Avionics and ForeFlight's license to ChartData technology.
ForeFlight's emphasis on preflight weather is a hallmark of the application. 10 weather Slip Maps™ with route overlay, pinch and zoom support, and touch planning support deliver information about conditions along your route quickly and visually. Maps include:
· Flight rules
· HD NEXRAD composite radar
· Visible and IR satellite
· Temperature and dew-point spread
· Sky coverage
· Wind conditions
TOUCH PLANNING, DIRECT TO, MOVING MAP
The days of text entry flight planning are numbered. Use your fingers to draw a route of flight, bend a route around weather, and add or drop waypoints. 'Direct To' functions get you where you want quickly.
Engage the moving map and see your ship's position on top of en-route charts, groundspeed and altitude, track, and GPS accuracy.
ForeFlight includes sophisticated support for airways, SIDS, and STARS. Plan routes via text or touch, use multi-runway SIDS, airway entrances/exits, intersections, airway identifiers, and even the most complex STARS. View cleared ATC routes on the map.
Covering 2,300+ FBOs in Canada and the US, ForeFlight presents prices, color coded by cost, both visually on our Maps and on FBO detail views. Price different than advertised? Submit a fuel price update while standing at the desk.
FLIGHT PLAN FILING
File flight plans from your iPhone or iPad and get confirmation in seconds. ForeFlight servers store a copy of your plans for safe-keeping and sends you confirmation and briefing emails automatically.
Select the regions and information you need, download one area or the whole country. Turbo Downloads dynamically adjust to maximize download speed and recovers from network hiccups. Plate and chart volumes install in seconds.
ForeFlight customers are the smartest on the ramp and have informative things to say about airports and service providers. Submit comments directly from device, wherever you may be, and read comments from other pilots. You may just find a great place for fried pickles.
The app requires a subscription. One subscription can be used simultaneously on one iPhone/iPod and one iPad. Group pricing plans and discounts are also available.
· Canadian radar coverage is provided by Environment Canada.
· International A/FD provided by Universal Weather and Aviation.
· iOS 5.1 or later
· Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Track-up: select between North Up, Track Up (Center), and Track Up (Forward). Enable using the map center (crosshair) button, then use the on-screen compass rose to change orientations.
· Obstacles and User Waypoints map layers.
· Route and feature labels: display waypoint labels (enabled by default) and feature labels (lakes, rivers), all of which rotate as the map changes orientation.
· World-wide touch planning: plan across datelines and the poles. Plan simple routes or complex, record-breaking around the world wide flights with your fingers.
· Earth view: zoom out and see the entire planet. Overlay satellite and text weather and see the world's weather at a glance.
· Incredible map performance enhancements: map engine is faster, smoother, and much more capable. Enables data-driven chart display.
· Grid Menu ("Classic" mode) for iPhone. Enable by selecting Grid style from Settings > Menu Style.