Kindle for iPhone allows Apple iPhone and iPod touch owners to read Kindle books using a simple, easy-to-use interface. You can shop for hundreds of thousands of books at amazon.com/kindlestore, and wirelessly transfer the books to your iPhone or iPod touch. Enjoy Amazon’s low prices on Kindle books, including New York Times Best Sellers and most new releases for $9.99, unless marked otherwise.
Whether you have used other ebook reader or ereader applications or tried ebooks on other devices, Kindle for iPhone - offered by Amazon - is a great solution that fits in your pocket.
Kindle for iPhone also includes Whispersync, which allows you to seamlessly switch back and forth between your Kindle device and Kindle for iPhone while keeping your bookmarks and reading location synchronized between devices. Now you can easily pick up reading right where you left off on your Kindle or iPhone.
Books you purchase can also be read on Kindle and Kindle DX, Amazon’s portable readers that wirelessly download books, newspapers, magazines, and blogs to a crisp, high-resolution electronic-paper display that looks and reads like real paper.
Here are some key features of "Kindle for iPhone/iPad":
· Buy a Kindle book from your Mac, PC, or iPhone using a Web browser and wirelessly transfer the books to your iPhone
· Read the beginning of any book for free before you buy
· Download the Kindle books you already own for free — they are automatically backed up on Amazon.com
· Adjust the text size and add bookmarks
· Tap and hold on a word to create a note or a highlight. Whispersync will back up and synchronize annotations with your other Kindle devices
· Read in portrait or landscape mode
· Select alternate background and text colors to improve reading comfort in low light conditions
· Tap on either side of the screen or flick to turn pages
· Pinch to zoom images in books
· iOS 5.0 or later
· Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fix for customer-reported bookmark issue