· Enhanced: Image load speed from cache greatly improved.
· Fixed: Default text size in Android 4.1 causes text to become invisible due to a change in how Android 4.1 processes text size of 0 (it used to be device default, now it is literal).
· Fixed: IllegalStateException: The content of the adapter has changed.
· Fixed "unable to tap in List View" for 4.0+ devices.
· 7.8a works around an Android 4.0 "undocumented feature" dealing with gestures
· Feature added: Thumbnails are cached for 3 days.
· Feature added to Android pre-3.0 (most phones): Use Full Screen, which will hide the Notification Bar (aka Status Bar) to provide even more screen space.
· Updated to Android 4.0 design guidelines which were released last week.
· Fixed: OutOfMemoryError while trying to create thumbnails on some devices.
· Fixed: NullPointerException while updating grid detail pane on rare occasions.
· Fixed: IllegalArgumentException while trying to copy files from special folders.
· Fixed: OutOfBoundsException while trying to Zip up 0 files.
· Fixed: Folders during search would bring up APG app instead of allow navigation into them. The APG app is misbehaving and I have notified them about changing their app so that it will play nice. I have also modified my app so that it will prevent other misbehaving apps from accidentally opening folders.
· Fixed: Folders sent to the Recycle Bin were not moving their contents as well.
· Fixed: Overall progress bar during copy/move/delete is accurate again.
· Fixed: Blank folders were not being zipped.
· Updated graphics to better handle all the different variety of handsets, tablets, and themes.
· Tablet menu updated to use the Action Bar intelligently.
· Updated for Android 3.2. If your tablet is still running Android 3.0 or 3.1, you are highly encouraged to update to 3.2.
· Better memory management by way of recycling images that are not in view quicker.
· Fixed: NullPointerException on some devices when trying to delete a file.
· Fixed: IllegalArgumentException: Comparison method for Type sorting has been rewritten.
· Fixed: StringIndexOutOfBoundsException caused by several Android devices.
· Fixed: IllegalArgumentException: Can't use FLAG_RECEIVER_BOOT_UPGRADE here caused by a few Android devices.
· Added programmer feature: Unzip intent will return chosen location in addition to allowing default location and unzip functionality.
· Added programmer feature: default location option for Unzip intent.
· Fixed: NullPointerException when trying to Zip files sometimes on some devices.
· Fixed: IllegalArgumentException: Comparison method violates its general contract sometimes encountered under very specific circumstances.
· Creating a Home screen Jump Point with a blank name will now default to the name of the file or folder.
· Fixed: App title not being set if another app uses the Pick Intent API.
· Fixed: Pick Multiple Files button works again if another app uses the Pick Multiple Intent API.
· Taught the app how to better remember which file you were working with between runs.
· Creating a new folder will now automatically select the entire folder name to make renaming it easier.
· When copying/moving/packing/unpacking a batch of files, a clearer dialog will popup to let you know which of your current batch operations is asking for clarification on what to do. In addition, the progress bars in question will be highlighted.
· When running multiple batches of copy/move/pack/unpack operations, the answer you give to one Duplicates Found dialog will not apply itself to all batches. Each batch will be independent of each other and will ask for clarification on what do to once per batch.
· Fixed: a long copy/move/pack/unpack batch operation will not cause an exception when the app is exited with the Exit menu before the task is complete. In many cases, the task will complete in the background. If such a task runs into duplicate files, it will automatically "keep both".
· Fixed: enormously large image files that are too big for the device to handle are now detected and prevented from generating a thumbnail. This will avoid strange behavior like quietly killing the app or locking up the device. Every Android device has different memory resources available and this is taken into account, so the more RAM your device has, the less this limitation is seen. More information can be found at Google's issue tracker and the thumbnail I display for such images can be found here.
· Search will now default to searching the SD card as well as several known public folders which may be a part of internal memory (like the picture storage location on some phones). Searching any other system folder still requires you to have the browser in the folder you wish to search.
· Scrolling speed has been increased as well as overall navigation speed in List View, Grid View and Search View in an effort to keep the app as responsive as possible.
· Jump Points can be viewed from a Live Folder on devices that support it.
· The Jump Point button window has been redesigned to look more like the grid view so that it will fit more Jump Points on the screen.
· Many small visual improvements around the app.
· Settings and Jump Points are now backed up on supported devices (Android 2.2+). This means that reinstalling either on the same or different device with the same account will restore all your personal settings and Jump Points. Please note that only the Jump Points themselves are saved and restored and not the files they point to. If your SD card is different, the Jump Points may point to files that do not exist and therefore will not work as intended. This feature is intended as a convenience for upgrading phones that will use the same SD card as well as the occasional factory reset that may be needed.
· Grid View now does a better job of keeping the file you are interested in focused and in view while the detail view is being displayed.
· This version going forward will let the device determine the location of app install instead of defaulting to SD card as some phones are having issues with apps on the SD card. You are still free to move the app to the SD card or not at any point in time after install as you desire.
· Updated icons to comply with published Android guidelines as well as improve their quality.
· IllegalArgumentException: Sorting by date would sometimes cause issues if files or folders were being modified at the same time as they were being displayed while searching.
· NullPointerException caused when trying to Pack (Zip) a file from some other app besides File Browser has been fixed.
· NullPointerException when sometimes setting a thumbnail as the app is being closed or hidden has been fixed.
· Grid view added!
· Updated for use with Android 3.0 devices.
· General upgrade to the system to make it more responsive (especially Searching).
· Copy file speed increased by ~90%,
· Soft keyboard automatically pops up in most cases where it is needed.
· Folders will no longer have square brackets around them since the folder icon is enough of a visual indicator.
· Bug fix: Sending marked files that had no extension now works correctly again.
· OutOfMemoryError handled when search contains lots of pictures (e.g. ".image").
· Bug fix: Search now respects Show Thumbnails setting.
· Bug fix: Send marked music to "Create Playlist" would not display the "Create Playlist" option if more than one type of audio was marked (.mp3 & .m4a for example).
· Bug fix: Move uses slower copy/delete on phones that use internal memory to store pictures to avoid any disappearing tricks (the pictures are still in internal memory in a folder with a similar name of your destination folder).
· Move & Delete marked files now show as progress bars, just like Copy.
· NoSuchMethodError: MediaMetadataRetriever: the release of Android 2.3.3 required a slight change to the video thumbnail generation code.
· New About window should make finding the FAQ, changelog, and email feedback easier to discover.
· IllegalArgumentException: Sorting by data would sometimes cause issues if files or folders were being modified at the same time as they were being displayed.
· IllegalArgumentException: Trying to get the free space on phones that have internal storage as opposed to an SD card would sometimes result in an exception.
· PatternSyntaxException: Some phones displayed and error where others just logged a silent warning, but finding duplicate files that contained parenthesis needed to be fixed in all cases.
· ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Android bug discovered to sometimes occur while deleting files. A workaround has been found and used in such cases.
· OutOfMemoryError: Some Motorola Cliq phones were having issues trying to pick a contact photo.
· Added an Intent so that other apps can call Blackmoon File Browser and jump to a particular file just like a shortcut on the Home screen.
· If multiple apps can open a file "by default" then pick one at random and use it's icon as the file icon instead of the generic app icon.
· If you download a file to the /mnt/sdcard/download folder, Blackmoon File Browser will list a Jump To action that will open the file browser at that file instead of opening the file itself. This is useful if you download an image attachment from Android 2.2.1+ Gmail and want to immediately move it to some other location rather than open the file for viewing.
· NullPointerException when trying to unzip a corrupted Zip file replaced by an Action Failed error dialog.
· OutOfMemoryErrors due to Android's garbage collectors performing a work slowdown fixed by forcing them to work on occasion.
· OutOfMemoryErrors when choosing a very large photo for a contact has been fixed.
· ClassCastException on some phones when generating thumbnail views sometimes has been handled.
· NullPointerException while deleting a lot of files and then closing the app has been fixed.
· IllegalArgumentException fixed when sorting by file type or in rare cases of file names.
· SecurityExceptions reported by Android while trying to open a file are being handled, but were incorrectly being reported. Squelched the reporter on these particular cases unless it really was Blackmoon's fault.
· Hidden album art inside a music folder will no longer cause a problem for Create Playlist.
· Updated some of the German translations.
· Fixed a NullPointerException while searching for duplicates when it finds files that have no extension.
· Fixed a NullPointerException which occurs sometimes while changing the location of a playlist.
· Updated Russian translation.
· Updated Chinese translations.
· Updated Special Search Tip tabs to use icons instead of text for better visibility.
· Search feature added. Searches the entire SD card for files. System folders will be excluded from searching unless you are actually in the system folder you want searched. Available as part of the global device search feature as well as within the file browser app.
· Ability to Zip/Unzip/Copy multiple sets of Marked files at the same time. Move and delete are still not possible during this time to avoid potential conflicts.
· An optional recycle bin feature has been added and is ON by default. The recycle bin will keep files for 3 days before deleting them. Jump to the recycle bin to browse through your recent deletes. Emptying the bin is possible whenever you wish, either manually deleting files from it or by Long Pressing the jump button to quickly empty it completely.
· Send To menu option missing has been fixed.
· Pick Shortcut NullPointerException fixed.
· Rename NullPointerException fixed.
· Playlist NullPointerException fixed.
· Open File SecurityException fixed.
· Settings ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException fixed.
· Progress bars are now a lot more accurate.
· § used to denote a symbolic link to a real folder somewhere else.
· Added GET_CONTENT intent for retrieving image files.
· Fixed picking an image from Contacts as well as picking from the Picture Frame widget.
· Bugfix: Pick File would sometimes fail. (attaching files via Gmail would fail depending on the type of file being attached)
· Russian translation added courtesy of Макс Ширшин (Max Shirshin)
· Jump Points may be created as shortcuts on the Home screen.
· New menu item for files: Open As... will allow you to choose just about any app on your phone to open a file. Note that it does no conversions at all and merely tells the app you choose to open the file. The most likely result will be an error trying to read the file. For advanced use only!
· Show/hide hidden files and folders.
· Audio files will be given a menu option allowing you to make that file available to the various ringtone lists. BFB will not actually set the ringtone itself as that would require more permissions and there's no need for a file browser to have those kinds of permissions. A button is provided to let you quickly jump to the phone Settings so that you can set it yourself. This feature is accomplished by copying the audio file to special folders on the SD card. /media/audio/* folders are required for this feature to work, please do not delete them from your SD card or you will find your custom ringtone also removed!
· German translation added courtesy of Wolf-Peter Dehnick.
· Jump To dialog layout redesigned to fit more on the screen no matter the orientation.
· Thumbnails of tiny images will no longer be enlarged beyond their original size.
· Bugfix: Deleting a marked file will also remove it from the internal marked file list.
· Bugfix: creating a new folder while trying to pick a folder with BFB will now correctly go into the newly created folder.
· Export a save file dialog for other apps to use as well as BFB.
· Pack/unpack Zip files. Creating a Zip is similar to creating a playlist, by using the "Send to..." feature to send anything marked to the Pack (Zip) function.
· Jump Points can be created on any file or folder. A jump point allows you to quickly navigate from anywhere to any jump point by accessing the "Jump to..." menu option or by pressing the Jump To Places button in the upper right corner. A list will pop up allowing you to tap a jump point and instantly move to that folder or file. If you long press on the jump point, you can remove it from the list.
· If, while in "Pick a Folder" mode, you create a New Folder, you will automatically be taken into that folder once you finish renaming it. This way it speeds up the process of picking the folder you just created.
· various other minor UI improvements and bug fixes.
· Null Pointer bugfix for new users.
· Strings added in 4.3 translated to Chinese by Victor Chan.
· Fixed a bug with Pick Marked File button doing nothing.
· Prevented loss of files if Copy Marked is used in the same folder with the marked files.