· Beautiful new calling experience
· Mark all your recent chats as read with just a few taps
· General fixes and improvements
· Skype automatically reconnects a dropped call when your WiFi or mobile network reception is poor
· General fixes and improvements
· One-to-one chats now appear in the correct order
· This version gives us under-the-hood improvements that support future feature launches.
· Critical bug fixes
· Chat with Messenger, Hotmail and Outlook.com contacts – sign in with and merge your Microsoft account.
· New to Skype? Create a new account right from the app.
· Tap and hold on instant messages to edit them.
· Choose an emoticon while typing an instant message.
· Animated emoticons for devices with a Retina display.
· Edit saved phone numbers right from the dial pad.
· Bug fixes.
· Support for iPhone 5 display.
· Bug fixes.
· Fix for iPhone 5 and iOS 6 calling and video issues
· Send and receive photos
· Updated privacy setting
· Fixed bug related to Bluetooth and calls
· Minor visual improvements across the app
· Other minor bug fixes
· Improved stability.
· Fix for sign in error.
· New feature: ability to move own video preview
· App auto restarts if unexpectedly shut down
· Improved accessibility
· Improved stability
· Updated design for contacts and messages
· New sign in screen
· Other minor UI improvements
· Bug fixes
· Updated chat and dialpad views
· Various bug fixes
· Stability improvements for iOS 5
· Fix for audio bug on iOS 4
· Fix for chat deletion
· Minor UI improvements
· Stability improvements and various bug fixes
· Improved stability on iOS5 and various bug fixes
· Upgrades to version 3.5 on iPhone will properly sync all Skype contacts, Skype Credit, avatar, online number, voicemail and call forwarding configurations
· Italian language fix
· Bluetooth support for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4th Generation, and iPad 2
· Incoming emoticons; outgoing emoticons displayed when entered in text form
· Enhanced video through image stabilization
· New easy-to-use interface
· Advertising will be shown to users that do not have Skype Credit, a calling subscription or premium subscription
· Bugfix for security vulnerability
· You can now make video calls to a wider selection of Skype clients and devices, such as Skype for TV.
· Make Skype to Skype video calls on WiFi and 3G
· Call Skype desktop users (Mac OS X or Windows) and other iPhone users.
· Two-way video calls supported on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch 4th gen.
· Receive only video supported on iPad and iPod touch 3rd gen, with no camera.
· Make video calls in portrait and landscape.
· Skype video calling requires iOS 4.0 or above.
· Skype settings now show more precise descriptions for each available option.
· New settings option - Go Offline. You can now choose how Skype behaves when it runs in the background.
· Improved event notifications. All types of event notifications appear in a friendlier format.
· Receiving events during Voicemail playback no longer causes a crash.
· Initiating multiple Skype Searches caused a crash.
· The chat keypad now behaves correctly when receiving a call.
· Incorrect entries were displayed in event notifications.
· Voicemail audio was erroneously routed to the speaker after incoming chat event tone.
· Reliability has been improved when closing the App on iOS 4 devices that don't support multitasking.
· You can now disable IM alerts.
· The dialpad is now more responsive.
· The behavior of the volume, when Skype interacts with other Apps, is now much better.
· When your status is set to Do Not Disturb, notifications are not shown when Skype is in the background.
· Run Skype in the background with multitasking in iOS4.
· Receive Skype calls and IM while other apps are running or when your iPhone is locked. You can also continue your call while you switch to another application.
· Multitasking is available only with iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS.
· Call using your 3G connection. Skype-to-Skype calls on 3G are free until the end of 2010, after which there will be a small monthly fee (operator charges for data will still apply).
· Near CD-quality sound for Skype-to-Skype calls using wideband audio (SILK codec) on iPhone 3GS, iPad and 2nd & 3rd generation iPod touch.
· Enhanced call quality indicator.
· Improved start-up time.
· Fast access to the dial pad from iPhone home screen.
Improved stability in the following areas:
· When switching between tabs
· During an incoming call with chat in landscape mode
· When in landscape mode
· During an incoming call when there is a camera/address book view visible
· Handling unread chats
· Corrected an alert about 'unsupported platform'
· Set up call forwarding from your iPhone – forward Skype calls to a phone number when you're not signed in.
· Improved performance and better audio quality on Skype-to-Skype calls.
· Even easier to send text messages (SMS) - Send SMS from the Call tab.
· Calls are connected much faster.
· Status of your contacts is updated more often.
· You can now decide whether you want to stay online/offline when the iPhone is locked. We've added this into settings.
· Contact groups are now supported, making it easier to see who is online and separate your saved phone numbers.
· You can now edit the name of your saved phone numbers.
· Added support for skype: URL schemes in Safari.
· When creating a new account the country in your Skype profile is taken from the language used on your iPhone.
· Group chat profile pictures are now shown.
· You can now remove your profile picture.
· Added a 'Help' link to 'Forgot your password'.
· Improved support for proxy configurations.