New in version 3.2
July 14th, 2013
- Optional "Datum Pack" in-app purchase that adds over 220 new geodetic datums to the app for more accurate position and altitude computation from GPS data. Datums include NAD-27, NAD-83, OSGB-36, ED-50, and hundreds of others, covering regions and countries on all continents around the world.
- Four new position formats for the UK and Ireland, including British National Grid and Irish National Grid. Absolute and Subgrid relative Eastings and Northings are given.
- Revised hardware status indicators and status screen.
New in version 3.1.1 (November 2nd, 2012)
- Fixed issues with map marker sharing, team sharing, and banner graphics. Added rangefinder specs for newly announced iOS devices.
New in version 3.1 (September 24th, 2012)
- Support for iOS 6 and iPhone 5. Improvements to map marker sharing. Improved rendering of map markers, compass rose, and azimuth pointer. Live map markers, with realtime distance/heading updates (relative to current position). Map marker sharing and e-mail export integration with Gaia GPS. Improved handling of MGRS, UTM, and UTM-B search/lookup on map screen using format prefixes (see user manual for details). Variable 4X-24X rangefinder scope reticle. SLR camera style round wire reticle with focus prism and exposure indicator. Team tracking available through in-app purchase (see user manual for details).
New in version 3.0 (July 9th, 2012)
- Movie recording, with optional screen/watermark overlays and multiple video quality settings. Three large-format stadiametric rangefinders (sniper/artillery/hunter style, showing distance multipliers, yards, or meters). Revised position formats with new decimal minutes option. Larger font sizing for photo data stamp watermark, with three color options. Onscreen indicator for magnetic declination errors. Bug fix to e-mail export URLs. Numerous performance improvements and tweaks.
New in version 2.7 (June 18th, 2012)
- Ability to share map markers and A-B points with other users of Theodolite Pro and Theodolite HD via SMS text messages and e-mail. To access this feature, tap any marker shown on the built-in map, and then tap the "Share" button on the marker's popup. Data shared from normal markers includes position and marker name. Data shared from A or B points include position, altitude, azimuth, elevation angle, and horizon angle. This allows users to share A-B measurement points for distributed and team calculations.
New in version 2.6.1 (November 30th, 2011)
- Fixed bug in storage of map markers and added rangefinder lens specs for the iPhone 4S.
New in version 2.6 (September 15th, 2011)
- Combined distance/height calculation in A-B calculator. Data logging feature with clipboard integration and e-mail export.
New in version 2.5 (July 28th, 2011)
- Location search/lookup capability on map panel
- Ability to add and manage position markers on map
- A/B markers now shown on map automatically
- A/B map markers now include bearing indicator arrows
- Display of A/B/C bearing and triangulation lines on map
- Added button to quickly recenter map to current location
- Improved accuracy of A/B/C triangulation calculations
- Display of floating A/B markers on screen dials for bearing, horizon, and elevation angles
- Revised reticle artwork
- New fullscreen wire style reticle
- Added 0.1 sec screen display precision to coordinates in DMS mode
- Improved screenshot rendering process
New in version 2.3.1 (February 17th, 2011)
- Bug fix to avoid crash when entering photo notes while image save in progress. Enabled use of flash on iPhone 4. Revised preferences UI.