· Fixed some crashes and the visible and magnetic Sun images.
· Fixed GEO compass orientation in landscape mode.
· Fixed a crash due to sound player state when changing orientation.
· Close down the sound player when we suspend.
· Unbind Activity resources on stop.
· Catch and ignore some out of memory exceptions.
· Trap even more unexpected exceptions.
· Trap even more unexpected exceptions. Exit if we get floods of exceptions.
· When an unexpected exception occurs, we now display debugging info (file name / line number) and attempt to continue, rather than just crash out.
· Fixed the signal strength and cell ID on CDMA phones with Android 2.1 on (maybe others?); the top-right button label; and a crash in AudioReader.
· Added an option for Imperial units (in GEO tab).
· Added user-initiated scanning in the GRAV and MAG pages, with the long-awaited SCANNING SOUNDS! You can still get the old mode; see options.
· Fixed fake sats data.
· Better, more LCARS-looking compass. Added support for more audio analysis sampling rates, and for window function selection.
· Stardate now displayed on screen.
· Better layout of the satellite signal bars for small screens (QVGA, e.g. HTC Tattoo).
· Fixed a crash in the SOL tab that became apparent when the data tables on the SOHO site changed.
· MUCH improved help. Added some more audio configuration options. The frequency spectrum graph now has a log scale, and doesn't auto-scale.
· Quick fix to add help for the ACO tab.
· Updated for Droid, and now based on Android 1.6. Will no longer install on Android 1.5 phones. Sorry, but we need to do this in order to be able to handle large screens (like Droid) correctly. Removed the useless ENV tab; realistically, even on devices with those sensors, it would never be useful. Added an ACO tab which displays an audio waveform, spectrum analyser, and power meter.
· Fixed sound on the Droid; apparently Audacity saves MP3 files with a channel count of zero, and the Droid (unlike other phones) objects to this.
· Hopefully fixed the EMS crash on Samsung; apparently Samsung requires the READ_PHONE_STATE permission where other phones don't.
· Fixed yet more crashes, including hopefully some Hero issues. Fixed the bug with GRAV and MAG displays pointing the wrong way in landscape mode. Sound on Droid still doesn't work.
· Fixed a number of crashes, including a critical crash on the Droid. Worked around Droid bug #4585. Sound on Droid still doesn't work.
· Just added a help comment about "CCD Bakeout".
· Fixed some crash bugs. Added a crypto mode indicator to the WiFi network indicators. Added a GPS satellite status view, with sky view and signal bar sub-modes.
· Added an option to set the orientation, including locking to your preferred setting.
· Fixed a force close issue, and in the process improved restart performance.
· Fixed some minor bugs, minor performance improvements.
· Fixed the direction of the magnetic field, tried to fix force close on rotation.
· Added the solar data plot. Note that this takes some time to load the first time you view it. Added neighboring cell info in the cellular signal display.
· Now supports portrait and landscape QVGA and HVGA displays. Added relative mode, so you can (for example) zero the acceleration display with the device at rest, then see acceleration relative to that state. The graphs now scroll. The GRAV and MAG displays can now be zoomed (slide in the middle graph). There's an X/Y/Z plot alternative to the numeric display (touch it).
· Graphics code redone for better performance. The grav and mag graphs now update much faster. Simulated data option added for ENV panel.
· Now has a preferences panel, and the WiFi ping is optional. Better (?) screen-switching sound.
· The hardware sound buttons now control our sound volume; faster feedback in GPS Power switch; more comprehensive help.
· Wifi and GPS power controls added; WiFi now pings to indicate signal strength.
· More appearance improvements, and the WiFi monitor is now going.
· More appearance upgrades.
· Functionality is basically the same, but it looks nicer, with more swoopy bars and so on.