>> Show all brands
GLOBAL PAGES >>
NEWS ARCHIVE >>
SOFTPEDIA REVIEWS >>
MEET THE EDITORS >>
7-DAY TOP DOWNLOAD
|UC Browser (Java)|
|Google Play Store|
|BBM for Android|
|Skype Lite (Nokia)|
|Go Bible - King|
James Version (KJV)
|UC Browser (Android)|
9.3.2 / 8.8.1 /
2.4.3 / 8.9.0 beta
|Opera Mini for Java|
7.1 / 4.5
|Skype Lite (Samsung)|
|MX Player 1.7.20|
Viber for iPhone 4.0 - Changelog
What's new in Viber for iPhone 4.0:November 12th, 2013
- Download over 1000 new stickers from the Sticker Market
- Significant performance improvements
- Instant Hold and Talk - Send voice messages. Your friend will hear you as you speak!
- Forward any message to a contact or group
- Select conversation backgrounds from our new background gallery
- Add up to 100 participants to group conversations
What's new in Viber for iPhone 3.1.5:September 19th, 2013
What's new in Viber for iPhone 3.1.4:September 16th, 2013
- Bug fixes.
- Basic support for iOS 7.
What's new in Viber for iPhone 3.1.3:August 19th, 2013
- We fixed the crash that some users experienced in first launch.
- Additional bug fixes.
What's new in Viber for iPhone 3.1:July 31st, 2013
- Send doodles or paint over a photo and share it with your friends!
- “Seen” status lets you know when your messages have been seen
- Support for the Viber Desktop application on Windows and Mac
- Fun new emoticons
- Message performance improvements
- Bug fixes
- Localized to: Croatian, Norwegian, Romanian, Slovak and Ukrainian
What's new in Viber for iPhone 3.0:May 7th, 2013
- Support for all new Viber Desktop - on Windows and MacOS!!
- Transfer live calls between Viber on your iPhone and Viber on Desktop
- You can now send video messages to your friends
- All new voice engine improves sound quality on both low quality and high quality networks
- Online status indicator tells you when your friends are connected to Viber. Note: users can receive messages even when not connected!
- In app banner indicates that you received new messages
- Automatically download new photos for faster viewing
- You can now add a caption to the photos and videos you send
- Easily browse through photos received from specific users or groups
- Show only groups in messages screen, so you can quickly find a specific group
- Larger photos and larger photo thumbnails
- Better looking contact info screen
- New package of fun stickers
- Accessibility is now supported
- Viber is also localized to: Czech, Danish, Greek, Finnish, Hungarian, Polish, Swedish, Turkish, Korean, Dutch, Thai, Vietnamese, Malay and Indonesian (In addition to previous languages: Russian, Arabic, Hebrew, Japanese, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Spanish, Catalan, German, French, Italian, Portuguese and Portuguese (Brazil)
- Performance improvements and multiple bug fixes
What's new in Viber for iPhone 2.3.1:January 22nd, 2013
- Speech to text is now working
- Arabic and Thai typing bug fixes
- Additional bug fixes
What's new in Viber for iPhone 2.3.0:December 19th, 2012
- Share stickers with friends, making text messaging fun
- Include emoticons in text messages
- Send locations as messages
- Enhanced messaging experience with new interface and sounds
- Connect with your friends in group conversations of up to 40 participants
- Optimized design for iPhone5 and iOS6, including new keypad
What's new in Viber for iPhone 2.2.2:October 1st, 2012
- Viber is now localized to: Japanese, Portuguese Brazil, Catalan Italian, Arabic, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, French, German, Spanish, Russian, Hebrew and Portuguese Portugal.
- iOS 6 support.
- Several bug fixes.
What's new in Viber for iPhone 2.2.1:September 5th, 2012
- Viber is now localized to: Arabic, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, French, German, Spanish, Russian, Hebrew and Portuguese Portugal.
- Several bug fixes.
What's new in Viber for iPhone 2.2.0:July 25th, 2012
- Group Messaging: you can now send free messages to groups of friends.
- Assign a custom background to conversation.
- Photos were added to the Contacts list
- New voice engine and Improved sound quality.
- Added time stamp for each message.
- See who joined Viber lately when viewing the Contacts screen.
What's new in Viber for iPhone 2.1.5:March 26th, 2012
- You can now export your message history
- Registering again on the same device would not require activation
- Bug fixes
What's new in Viber for iPhone 2.1.4:January 31st, 2012
What's new in Viber for iPhone 2.1.3:November 29th, 2011
- Bug fixes
- Better iOS 3.x and iPhone 3G support
What's new in Viber for iPhone 2.1.2:October 28th, 2011
What's new in Viber for iPhone 2.1.1:October 17th, 2011
What's new in Viber for iPhone 2.1.0:October 13th, 2011
- iOS 5 compatible.
- Improved voice quality – All new Voice engine! Your calls will sound better than ever when talking to other users with Viber 2.1. Even on networks with less bandwidth, such as EDGE networks.
- Viber is now location-aware! Share your current location with your contacts so that they will know from where your message was sent. When sharing your current location, it will be attached to every outgoing message. You can enable or disable this option by tapping the location services icon inside the input box.
- Viber now lets you send and receive Photos via Viber messages. To send photos, just tap on the ‘photos’ button, which has been added to the left of the input box. You will now be able to take a photo, or send an existing one from your library.
- Share your photos with others - Photos can be shared on Facebook, sent via mail, and forwarded through Viber to other Viber contacts.
- We changed the order of the tabs in order to improve accessibility to the ‘Messages’ section. This section contains all of your recent messages. You can now place calls right from the conversation screen.
- Know when your friend is there, and actually answering your recently sent message. New “is typing” indicator will be shown to notify you when he or she is typing a new message for you.
- Landscape support for Messages – the option you all were looking for is now supported.
- New and improved ‘Busy’ screen – if your contact is currently busy, you can simply leave him or her a free text message.
- Minor improvements to messages sending behavior - Viber will now try harder to deliver your messages: If your message was not sent, you will be notified, and you will have the option to resend it.
- We have rearranged the ‘More’ screen, and added new customization features that can be accessed via the new ‘Settings’ section.
- And of course we removed many many bugs…
What's new in Viber for iPhone 2.0.4:July 27th, 2011
What's new in Viber for iPhone 2.0.3:June 13th, 2011
What's new in Viber for iPhone 2.0.2:April 11th, 2011
- Fixed graphics for standard resolution (e.g. 3GS)
- Disabled vibration for message reception/sending
- Bug fixes
What's new in Viber for iPhone 2.0.1:April 1st, 2011
- Viber now has free text messaging:
- Send and receive free text messages to and from all your Viber contacts. We’ve added a new tab called Messages. To send a text, simply select a contact from your list, and start texting for free.
- New “Free Text Message” button added to Viber contact details.
- Tap this button to send this user a free message.
- Viber will also notify you about incoming messages so you won’t miss a word single text.
- Favorites tab location changed:
- To view your ‘Favorites’ - go to the contacts tab, and tap the Favorites button at the top.
- Improved calling mechanism:
- Now, you’ll always know the status of your outgoing calls.
- Once a call is placed, a “Calling” state will indicate that Viber is now connecting to the other party.
- Once a connection is established, a “Ringing” state will indicate that the other party’s Viber, is now actually ringing (note that a call can still be established even if you don't see the "Ringing" state).
- Placing regular calls through Viber:
- A “Don’t show again” option was added for to the “Place a regular carrier call” inform dialog.
- Giving You More Control:
- A new option provides the ability to deactivate your Viber account, so that you can easily reactivate Viber with a new phone number.
- Find this option under the ‘More’ menu.
- Who has Viber:
- Missed out on some Viber contacts? We’ve now improved the Viber recognition engine. So check out your Viber contact list, and see who else have has Viber.
- Improved Badges:
- Viber badges are now more reliable and will notify you about the number of your missed calls & unread messages.
- Since the release of Viber, we’ve continued making several improvements to our calling mechanism. On In Viber 2.0, we fixed the “stuck on answering” bug, and improved the time it takes calls to connect.
- And other small fixes…
What's new in Viber for iPhone 1.1:January 26th, 2011
- Call quality indicator: keep track of your call quality with the new call quality indicator! During a Viber call, you’ll find the indicator at the top right-hand corner of your call screen. This will show you the quality of your network, which affects your Viber conversation quality.
- Voice quality improvement: our top priority is to deliver the best audio calls. We made changes and improvements to make it even better…!
- Call connection improvement: did some of your Viber calls get stuck on ‘Answering…’? Or did you not hear your friend well at the start of your conversation? We made fixes based on your feedback and requests. Let us know if you still experience any of these issues.
- Bluetooth improvement: Bluetooth support is now working much better on Viber. So talk with a free Viber call, and hands free as well.
- Country code improvement: we have improved the country codes on Viber. If you have been having problems setting up Viber because of this issue, check the list of updates on our support site: support.viber.com
- And more bug fixes.
What's new in Viber for iPhone 1.0.5:December 17th, 2010
- Fixed: Viber is stuck on busy after network-related problems
- Fixed: on iOS 3.1.x, after exiting Viber, starting Viber again immediately may fail
- Fixed: on iOS 3.1.x, registration restarts when exiting Viber to read SMS
- Fixed: voice engine audio interrupt issues (e.g. incoming GSM call)
- Fixed: Ringback tone sometimes not heard via speakers
- Fixed: crash during startup
- Fixed: call screen disappears during call
- Workaround: no-audio problem after using an old (1.1) Bluetooth device
- Added: help on how to turn notifications back on
- Added: help with activation (SMS) issues
- Cosmetic changes